Shown on this map are all active tropical cyclones in each of the following basins:
• Arabian Sea (A), Bay of Bengal (B), Central North Pacific (C)
• Eastern North Pacific (E), North Atlantic (L), South Pacific (P)
• South Atlantic (Q), South Indian (S), Western North Pacific (W)
Checks for updates at :15 and :45.
Clicking on one of these basins will bring up a zoomed-in version of the map.
19W: NINETEEN (30kt 1000mb)
27L: EPSILON (40kt 998mb)
• The list of active storms relies on accurate and timely information in "tcvitals" files maintained by NHC and JTWC.
• Numbered/named storms are identified at the location they first acquired tropical cyclone status.
• Disturbances, or "invests", are identified by their temporary number of 90-99 (91L for example) and are denoted by a dashed line.
• Forecast positions are denoted by dotted lines.
• Occassionally, operational centers will introduce "test" storms, which are identified by 80-89.
• The storm categories in all basins are plotted according to the Saffir-Simpson Intensity Scale.