Shown on this map are all active tropical cyclones in each of the following basins:
Arabian Sea (A), Bay of Bengal (B), Central North Pacific (C),
Eastern North Pacific (E), North Atlantic (L), South Pacific (P),
South Atlantic (Q), South Indian (S), Western North Pacific (W).
Checks for updates at :15 and :45.
Clicking on one of these basins will bring up a zoomed-in version of the map.
17E: SEVENTEEN (40kt 1003mb)
• The list of active storms relies on accurate and timely information in "tcvitals" files maintained by NHC and JTWC.
• Numbered/named storms are identified at the location they first acquired tropical cyclone status.
• Disturbances, or "invests", are identified by their temporary number of 90-99 (91L for example) and are denoted by a dashed line.
• Forecast positions are denoted by dotted lines.
• Occassionally, operational centers will introduce "test" storms, which are identified by 80-89.
• The storm categories in all basins are plotted according to the Saffir-Simpson Intensity Scale.