* Please make the following three selections, then click on a colored rectangle to view that sector.
- The areas where sectors overlap are shaded in gray and are not clickable.
- The surface winds are from a scatterometer (ASCAT) on a polar-orbiting satellite and have swath gaps in the data. Winds cannot be retrieved over land.
- The surface vorticity is derived from the winds so also has gaps. Only cyclonic values above a given threshold are contoured.
- Always check the date/time printed on images, they may not always be current!
GOES images: NASA/MSFC/GHCC
SST data: NASA/MSFC/SPORT
OHC data: UM/RSMAS
ASCAT data: NASA/JPL/PODAAC